We invite you to a military history track-and-field festival in Volgograd
A military history track-and-field festival devoted to the Victory in the Stalingrad Battle and to the preparation for the 70th anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War will take place on February, 14-15 from 10 am till 3 pm. The venue is at 75, Chuykova Street, indoor track of the Volgograd State Academy of Physical Education. Yelena Isinbaeva’s Charity Fund supports this event and invites you to fill in an application form. The application deadline is February 6 (Friday), 2015. For more details about participation contact us via e-mail: email@example.com.
The festival is aimed at children’s patriotic, moral and ethical education; development of their civic consciousness and love for their country; fostering careful attitude towards their nation’s historical past, as well as encouraging a healthy lifestyle, developing their initiative and self-sufficiency on the basis of the play activity.
The program of the festival includes:
- Sports contests between teams and their cheerleading squads using the relevant equipment, property and armor pieces (dimensional models) dating back to the period of the WWII and created on the basis of real military events and existing documentary material;
- Theoretical educational tasks created on the basis of the realia of military and everyday life during the Stalingrad battle (the Great Patriotic War)
- Trap shooting (standing and lying positions) from strike ball weapons, including those from the Second World War and from locations imitating Red Army’s engineer constructions.
- A field museum exposition on the topic of the event
- Small-scale military-historical and dramatic performances and reconstructions
- A battlefield concert team and a front-line cinema of the WWII period
Attendance of all mass-cultural events and museums, photo and video shooting (including usage of the museum showpieces) is possible without participating in the contest. Visiting hours during the festival are not restricted and entrance to all facilities is free of charge.